In that article, we listed a few of the more offensive items that we know are stocked and sold by Excalibur. The list is here:
- Deeply offensive 'Golly' Pens and badges
- Books by pro-eugenics author Roger Pearson, promoting an all-white society
- Books that make the unfounded claim that immigrants are responsible for TB and HIV
- The truly appalling, racist, anti-semitic and white supremacist March of the Titans by Arthur Kemp, who currently works at Excalibur
- The fake Victoria Cross which was so recently the subject of much controversy in several newspapers, and many more fake medals
- Badges with 'Enoch Powell was right', 'Say no to asylum' and 'No immigrants, no bombs' - presumably forgetting the IRA's visits of a few years back, the three bombs set off by the BNP's very own David Copeland in Soho and Mark Bulman, a BNP activist who set fire to a mosque, to say nothing of the various members of the BNP (including Robert Cottage) who stockpiled bomb-making equipment but got caught before they made use of it, and Tony Lecomber, who blew himself up accidentally while on his way to bomb the offices of a rival political party. Lecomber worked for the BNP for a further ten years after this, finally getting the sack after attempting to recruit another ex-BNP member, gangland hitman Joe Owens, to assassinate a leading politician.
- T-shirts glorifying Enoch Powell, with slogans such as 'It's cool to be white' and 'BNP - It's a white thing'.
That's not on. When people are showing their concern by contacting a company about a perceived problem, the very least they should expect is a courteous response. Any less is ignorance and doesn't say a great deal about the company's view of public relations - particularly where the complaint, as in this case, deals largely with racism - and implies that the company concerned is okay with what its clients are doing.
Time then, to step up the campaign a little.
The last time we asked you to contact the company, we suggested the single email address of the general office. This time, we're asking you to either phone and speak to one of the people listed below (the phone and fax numbers are down there, too) or to email them directly. If you have the time, it would be best to send an individual email to each of the people on the list. If not, we've included a single line of email addresses that can be placed in the CC (copy to) or BCC (blind copy to) box of your email client. That way, everyone at the Evans' Head Office will receive the email.
It's up to us to stop Excalibur churning out this offensive racist crap and it's up to Evans to do what it can do to stop this garbage being spread around. Let's get emailing, phoning and faxing so that Evans are shown in no uncertain terms that there are a lot of people out here who are getting angry at being ignored and who are demanding that action is taken against Excalibur. Remember though that we are trying to get Evans Easyspace on our side, so please remain calm and polite at all times - you can always throw darts at a picture of Nick Griffin later, to wind down. ;-)
Any responses received can go into the comments section of this post.
Evans Easyspace Ltd
Tel: 0113 271 1888
Fax: 0113 223 1239
Note: The space occupied by Excalibur is unit B2 on the Deeside Industrial Estate.
Tom Stokes, Managing Director
Bradley Cooper, Finance Director
Simon Bottomley, Projects Director
Ian Frostwick, Operations Director
Mobile: 07818 075131
Sarah Cooney, PA to MD and FD
Terry Boytler, Projects Manager
Tel: 0870 876 8000
Mobile: 07884 118823
Maxine Nathan, PR & Marketing Manager
Rob Catton, Business Services Technical Manager
Mobile: 07824 452854
Karen Ely, Business Services Operations Manager
CC or BCC list: (double-click the line below to copy and paste it into your email client)