The meeting agreed to organise a protest again this year’s BNP festival on August 15th convening in Codnor Market Place. The protest will begin with as many local activists as possible assembling from 9 am. We expect contingents to arrive from elsewhere in the country leading up to a National Rally at 11 am with a demonstration to follow that.
The meeting agreed that the the objectives of the protest against the BNP’s RWB festival will be:
- to bring together those who oppose the BNP in a peaceful and unified show of mass opposition to this major national event of theirs;
- to make clear to participants in the BNP event that they are not welcome in attempting to use Amber Valley as a base for their activities;
- to attempt to make our protest seen by as many as possible of those thinking of attending the festival;
- to encourage opponents of the BNP in the Amber Valley district and wider area to continue to campaign against the divisive policies of the BNP and the violent activities of their members;
- to safeguard as much as possible the safety of those protesting.
This website will again be used to keep people informed of this protest as well as other campaigning activity in the Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire area. For further information please contact the email address associated with this website nobnpfestival at riseup.net
Stop the BNP’s Red White and Blue Festival